Polar Capital Global Healthcare Trust plc is a closed-ended investment trust. As with similar investment trusts, there are a number of key investor benefits:
- Economies of scale: Investors in an investment trust pool their money, split any dealing costs and administration fees which can mean overheads are significantly lower.
- Spread risk: Investing in one investment trust provides access to a diversified portfolio as each trust is an individual company that owns a range of shares.
- Investment expertise: Investment trusts use professional management expertise. Polar Capital Global Healthcare Trust plc’s team comprises a group of specialist healthcare fund managers and investment professionals.
- Small, flexible investments: You can invest small lump sums, or monthly payments from as little as the cost of a mobile phone contract.
- Simplicity: In a single investment trust, investors have access to a wide range of investments, some of which may not be held directly in a portfolio as they may be deemed too expensive or complicated.
- Income: Investment trusts are entitled to keep up to 15% of their income to support dividend payments during years when yield is not so readily available.
- Accountability: Investors in an investment trust are also its shareholders and therefore able to hold the company and its Board of Directors to account, as with any public listed company, and vote at its AGMs.
Statements/Opinions/Views: All opinions and estimates constitute the best judgment of Polar Capital as of the date hereof, but are subject to change without notice, and do not necessarily represent the views of Polar Capital. This material does not constitute legal or accounting advice; readers should contact their legal and accounting professionals for such information. All sources are Polar Capital unless otherwise stated.